At wedotranslation, we take our corporate motto very seriously: "Quality Assurance Means Peace of Mind". We are looking for qualified translators who stand behind their work and have made a strong commitment to quality and client satisfaction.
wedotranslation is a Language Translation Service doing business as a translation agency across North America. We have ongoing requirements for all language pairs. Although we provide translation for any language pair combination, the bulk of our translation work covers English, French and Spanish language assignments.
However, the demand for our translation services is expanding. We get regular calls for translation services to and from a variety languages, including: Portuguese, Chinese, Italian, Arabic, German, etc. The scope of projects is varied: it includes a wide range of topics of varying length, sometimes requiring certification.
Watch this section for recent requests we have received for services that we had to turn away or refer to others for want resources. If you think you could have handled the assignment, then register with us.
wedotranslation acts as agent for the freelance translator, freelance proofreader, freelance editor. If you are a freelancer, we want to hear from you.
Submit your résumé and any relevant information here.
What Makes wedotranslation the Right Choice for Freelance Translators?
We have work for YOU! We pay YOU promptly: On Time, Every Time! We pay a competitive, reasonable rate.
- We currently have strong demand for translation, proofreading, editing and revision services for English, French and Spanish.
- We receive frequent requests for translation, proofreading, editing and revision services for a wide variety of languages: Portuguese, Chinese, Italian, Arabic, German, to name a few.
- The topics and types of documents we handle are diverse.
- We outsource all of our translation assignments to our freelance translators located throughout North America -- we do not have in-house translators.
How We Work With Freelance Translators
Information We Need from YOU, the Freelance Translator:
- We provide reference documents, background material and terminology assistance.
- We provide additional quality control on all documents.
- We handle the sales, promotion and web exposure for our translators.
- We are the first point of contact for all clients. We are the liaison between the client and the translator.
- We handle complaints and deal with any issues.
- We provide accounting and collection services. You do not have to worry about following up on late or non-payments.
- We provide administration services such as taking care of document handling, invoicing, maintaining historical client information, document storing, and more.
- Contact information: Full name, phone numbers (work, home, fax), address, e-mail, mobile and web site (if applicable) -- Complete privacy and confidentiality is assured -- we do not share your contact information with anyone without your approval;
- Résumé in the source and target language you are translating;
- A copy of your credentials, certifications, security clearances, access to having documents notarized, etc.;
- Your area of specialization: please indicate the topic(s) and the types of documents you can handle so that we may assign you documents that are within the scope of your expertise;
- A list of additional services you provide, i.e. editing, notarization, transcription services, etc., and a breakdown of your rates for these services;
- Software you have access to (MS word, WP, Excel, Adobe, Visio, WordFast, Translation Memory, etc.);
- The access you have to terminology databanks and the linguistic database you utilize, e.g. Ternium Plus subscription;
- Self-description (summary of where you have acquired your experience and what type of work you would like to receive).
Once you have submitted a request to work with us, we will acknowledge receipt via e-mail. We may ask that you submit to a testing procedure. We will require that you enter into a formal independent contractor agreement should we wish to add you to our roster of service-providers. The agreement spells out the working procedures between you and wedotranslation and its purpose is to safeguard the interests of all parties and stakeholders concerned.
|Translators Wanted: Recent Requests
PROMOTE YOUR FREELANCE SERVICES
At wedotranslation, we are committed to the success of our freelance resources. We do everything we can to assist you in promoting your services. We strongly believe that we succeed if YOU succeed.
As part of our ongoing commitment to our freelance resources, we have arranged for them to promote their services on the web via the Translation Classifieds website. Any freelance resource that wishes to collaborate with us is welcome to list their services Free of Charge in any of the Freelance Services categories (FREELANCE TRANSLATION OFFERED or FREELANCE SERVICES) of the Translation Classifieds website.
Register Now! Post a listing Free of Charge for 90 days. (To get your free 90 day listing, use Promo Code SL90 when you register.)
How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator: available in the wedotranslation BOOKSTORE on CILFOtranslations.com
If you have surplus translation books, translation software or translation reference material, why not list it FOR SALE in the Translation Classifieds TRANSLATORS' STORE.
wedotranslation Spanish Translation Bookstore
Find New and Used Translation Books and Multi-Language Reference Material in the wedotranslation Bookstore.
With 150 million Spanish speaking people in North America and an estimated 40 million+ of them surfing the internet, it may be time to avail yourself of some Spanish language resources. Find a Spanish language website translation service near you.
The Traveling Linguist
"When in Rome..." Get maximum value out of your travel dollars, Nothing beats being prepared and there's no experience like mixing with the locals. What better place to find the language travel resources than on a website frequented by linguists and the global linguistics community.